CHINA: Textile Machine Exports Rise 80 Per Cent In 2000
China's exports of textile machines reached a record $290m in 2000, rising 80 per cent on a year-on-year basis, according to the Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textile Products. The previous peak was $170m, achieved in 1998. China exported textile machines to 116 countries and regions in 2000, 16 more than in the previous year. Asia was the biggest market for China's exports, with a 70 per cent share, followed by North America with 17 per cent, Europe with 6.61 per cent; Africa with 4.35 per cent, South America with 0.99 per cent and Oceania with 0.89 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective