CHINA: Textile Machine Exports Rise 80 Per Cent In 2000
China's exports of textile machines reached a record $290m in 2000, rising 80 per cent on a year-on-year basis, according to the Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textile Products. The previous peak was $170m, achieved in 1998. China exported textile machines to 116 countries and regions in 2000, 16 more than in the previous year. Asia was the biggest market for China's exports, with a 70 per cent share, followed by North America with 17 per cent, Europe with 6.61 per cent; Africa with 4.35 per cent, South America with 0.99 per cent and Oceania with 0.89 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020