CHINA: Textile Machine Industry Receives Sales Boost In 2000
Statistics from the China Association of Textile Machinery and Appliances have revealed that during the year 2000, the industry attained 13.584bn yuan (US$1.64bn) in sales income and 566m yuan in profits, reports Asia Pulse. Since 1990 the textile machine building industry has experienced a roller coaster ride with sales peaking around the 12bn yuan mark between 1993 and 1994. However, in 1998 the industry had dropped to sales of just 278m yuan, the worst it had seen since 1949. The drop had been blamed on difficulties in operation and a national reduction in spindles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022