CHINA: Textile Machine Industry Receives Sales Boost In 2000
Statistics from the China Association of Textile Machinery and Appliances have revealed that during the year 2000, the industry attained 13.584bn yuan (US$1.64bn) in sales income and 566m yuan in profits, reports Asia Pulse. Since 1990 the textile machine building industry has experienced a roller coaster ride with sales peaking around the 12bn yuan mark between 1993 and 1994. However, in 1998 the industry had dropped to sales of just 278m yuan, the worst it had seen since 1949. The drop had been blamed on difficulties in operation and a national reduction in spindles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020