CHINA: Textile Machinery Sales Reach Record High
A survey of 186 textile machinery manufacturing firms carried out by The China Association of Textile Machinery and Appliances has found that sales for the year 2000 reached a record high $1.64bn, with a net profit of $68m. According to data published on yarnsandfibers.com, China's textile machinery manufacturing industry reached a sales peak in 1993-4 of $1.45bn. Since then, the situation has been far from positive due to operational difficulties and a national shortage of spinning spindles. The sector suffered a $33.6m loss in 1998.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack