INDIA: Textile Mill Closures Continue
The main reasons cited for the mills' failure were technological obsolescence, lack of modernisation, financial crisis and labour problems.
The Tamil Nadu region was the worst hit, with nine mills going out of business and more than 4000 workers losing their jobs.
Andhra Pradesh ranked second with five closures followed by Maharashtra with four.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack