INDIA: Textile Q3 earnings fall at Century
- Q3 textile earnings fall 23.3%
- Textile sales down 5.7%
- Consolidated earnings at INR1.58bn
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles saw earnings in its textile division fall in the third quarter, hurt by a decline in sales.
In the quarter ended 31 December, profits fell 23.3% to INR353.4m (US$5.6m) from INR437m a year earlier. Sales in the division were down 5.7% to INR4.11bn.
Century Textiles' textile division manufactures yarn, denim, rayon, and tyre yarn.
Consolidated profits, which includes the company's cement, pulp and paper divisions, moved to INR1.58bn from a loss of INR29.19bn a year earlier.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report