INDIA: Textile Q3 earnings fall at Century
- Q3 textile earnings fall 23.3%
- Textile sales down 5.7%
- Consolidated earnings at INR1.58bn
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles saw earnings in its textile division fall in the third quarter, hurt by a decline in sales.
In the quarter ended 31 December, profits fell 23.3% to INR353.4m (US$5.6m) from INR437m a year earlier. Sales in the division were down 5.7% to INR4.11bn.
Century Textiles' textile division manufactures yarn, denim, rayon, and tyre yarn.
Consolidated profits, which includes the company's cement, pulp and paper divisions, moved to INR1.58bn from a loss of INR29.19bn a year earlier.
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles has booked mixed results in its second-quarter, with a fall in sales and growth in earnings....
Fabric and yarn manufacturer Century Rayon has become the first company in India to be awarded the SteP by Oeko-Tex certification for sustainable textile production....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide