INDIA: Textile Q3 earnings fall at Century
- Q3 textile earnings fall 23.3%
- Textile sales down 5.7%
- Consolidated earnings at INR1.58bn
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles saw earnings in its textile division fall in the third quarter, hurt by a decline in sales.
In the quarter ended 31 December, profits fell 23.3% to INR353.4m (US$5.6m) from INR437m a year earlier. Sales in the division were down 5.7% to INR4.11bn.
Century Textiles' textile division manufactures yarn, denim, rayon, and tyre yarn.
Consolidated profits, which includes the company's cement, pulp and paper divisions, moved to INR1.58bn from a loss of INR29.19bn a year earlier.
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles has booked mixed results in its second-quarter, with a fall in sales and growth in earnings....
Fabric and yarn manufacturer Century Rayon has become the first company in India to be awarded the SteP by Oeko-Tex certification for sustainable textile production....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects