INDIA: Textile Q3 earnings fall at Century
- Q3 textile earnings fall 23.3%
- Textile sales down 5.7%
- Consolidated earnings at INR1.58bn
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles saw earnings in its textile division fall in the third quarter, hurt by a decline in sales.
In the quarter ended 31 December, profits fell 23.3% to INR353.4m (US$5.6m) from INR437m a year earlier. Sales in the division were down 5.7% to INR4.11bn.
Century Textiles' textile division manufactures yarn, denim, rayon, and tyre yarn.
Consolidated profits, which includes the company's cement, pulp and paper divisions, moved to INR1.58bn from a loss of INR29.19bn a year earlier.
Indian manufacturer Century Textiles has booked mixed results in its second-quarter, with a fall in sales and growth in earnings....
Fabric and yarn manufacturer Century Rayon has become the first company in India to be awarded the SteP by Oeko-Tex certification for sustainable textile production....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access