USA: Textile Rally Garners Unite Support For Trade Protections
More than 70 senior executives from the textile and fibre industry attended a rally in New York City on Wednesday to show their support for China safeguard petitions now under consideration by the US Department of Commerce. The labour union Unite also chose the event to formally announce that it has joined the textile/fibre lobbying campaign which is relying on growing grassroots support to pressure Washington for new and more protective trade policies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands