TURKMENISTAN: Textile Sector Is Second Largest Industry
The textile industry is Turkmenistan's second-fastest growing industry according to figures from the Government, the Turkmen State News Service reported Monday. Production shot up to TMM1,081bn ($207m) last year, an increase of 38.5 per cent Around TMM588bn ($113m) worth of textile goods were produced, 39 per cent up on 1999, and the profit on the sale of goods was over TMM196.5bn ($37.8m). A significant increase was achieved in the volume of cotton fabric and yarn, knitted fabrics and the wide range of finished goods manufactured.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022