TURKMENISTAN: Textile Sector Is Second Largest Industry
The textile industry is Turkmenistan's second-fastest growing industry according to figures from the Government, the Turkmen State News Service reported Monday. Production shot up to TMM1,081bn ($207m) last year, an increase of 38.5 per cent Around TMM588bn ($113m) worth of textile goods were produced, 39 per cent up on 1999, and the profit on the sale of goods was over TMM196.5bn ($37.8m). A significant increase was achieved in the volume of cotton fabric and yarn, knitted fabrics and the wide range of finished goods manufactured.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores