TURKMENISTAN: Textile Sector Is Second Largest Industry
The textile industry is Turkmenistan's second-fastest growing industry according to figures from the Government, the Turkmen State News Service reported Monday. Production shot up to TMM1,081bn ($207m) last year, an increase of 38.5 per cent Around TMM588bn ($113m) worth of textile goods were produced, 39 per cent up on 1999, and the profit on the sale of goods was over TMM196.5bn ($37.8m). A significant increase was achieved in the volume of cotton fabric and yarn, knitted fabrics and the wide range of finished goods manufactured.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective