TURKMENISTAN: Textile Sector Is Second Largest Industry
The textile industry is Turkmenistan's second-fastest growing industry according to figures from the Government, the Turkmen State News Service reported Monday. Production shot up to TMM1,081bn ($207m) last year, an increase of 38.5 per cent Around TMM588bn ($113m) worth of textile goods were produced, 39 per cent up on 1999, and the profit on the sale of goods was over TMM196.5bn ($37.8m). A significant increase was achieved in the volume of cotton fabric and yarn, knitted fabrics and the wide range of finished goods manufactured.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022