CHINA: Textile Sector To Upgrade Technology By 2005
The sector has outlined a four-year plan to upgrade technology and improve product quality between 2001 and 2005. The technology upgrades will focus on equipment used in the production of manmade fibres, cotton textiles, dyed and finished products, and knitted goods.
Over the same period, the sector is also hoping for a 4-fold increase in textile machinery export earnings.
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores