UK: Textile Solutions To Offer Web-based Quality Assurance Testing
Textile Solutions, the system for global textiles trading, is offering its members quality assurance fabric testing and reporting services from Intertek Testing Services Ltd (ITS). The service is available through www.textilesolutions.com textilesolutions.com.Members can order a vast range of quality tests from fabric shrinkage and colourfastness to water resistance and weight. The tests will be offered at preferential rates to members of Textile Solutions through its website.Fabric manufacturers can also apply for ITS quality assurance accreditation, which gives them a globally recognised product quality grade. This means that potential customers have access to all the product information they need no matter what their particular quality specifications may be, the company claims.Tommy Lowback, CEO of Textile Solutions, said: "Textile Solutions puts more function into fabric. Our partnership with ITS will give people the confidence to experiment with new fabrics and have more freedom when designing collections. Its all part of our aim to provide a single access point that gives you a quicker, cheaper route to all the tools you need to buy and sell textiles."Martin Lees, e-commerce development manager for Europe, added: The Internet is a new and unfamiliar way of working for many companies and naturally people are wary of unknown quantities. We established our reputation in the 'old economy' and now we are offering our services to bridge the gap between the old and the new way of doing things - to help people feel at ease."ITS will be fully integrated into the Textile Solutions website from September 2000 alongside TNT, Textile Solutions' global logistics partner. Other partnerships are due to be announced shortly, the company said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar