USA: Textile Spying Case Settled
Johnston Industries claimed it lost about $30m as a result.
Details of the settlement, reached last month between the two fabric manufacturers, were withheld under a mutually agreed upon gag order.
A key player in the case said Johnston received $5m to $10m in the deal, the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported in Thursday editions.
Other parts of the agreement ensure that neither side will be held in contempt of court and include promises for neither company to release one another's corporate data.
The 1998 lawsuit accused Milliken, a major competitor based in Spartanburg, S.C, which had $2bn in annual sales in 1998, of hiring private detectives and sending them to Johnston's Russell County, Ala, plant.
The two detectives were accused of obtaining Johnston's business information by posing as a banker representing Swiss investors and a Georgia State University graduate student working on a class research project.
Companies: Russell Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Russell Corporation has said it is "disappointed" with its 2005 results, despite reporting a rise in sales and earnings in its fourth quarter....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell is to axe about 2,300 jobs and stop retirement benefits as part of a large-scale restructuring....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell has lowered its full-year profit and sales predictions and said it will take aggressive action in early 2006 to boost its earnings....
Scottish kilt maker Hector Russell has been acquired by larger competitor Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which plans to expand the business....
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
ASAP Show, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Merchants Exchange, has organised various seminars featuring top apparel executives from US fashion, sourcing and financial fields during its August 28-31...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar