USA & JAPAN: Textile Task Force On Mission To USA
Task Force for the Japanese Textile Industry Trade arrived in the USA today for a week long visit to explore the current situation in the international textile trade, Woolmark.com reported last week.The task force, comprising members from Consumer Goods Industries Bureau (CGIB) of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and Federation of the Textile Industries in Japan, was established in April this year.The rapid expansion of imports, particularly from China, is causing the Japanese textile industry problems, the Task Force will claim. Knitwear companies say that they are especially affected by the high penetration of imports, which has reached 95 per cent, and warned the government that the industry would be completely destroyed if imports continue to expand at such rates in the future. The task force, which sent a mission to China in June, commissioned Kurt Salmon and Associates in July to study the US textile industry and trade policy.The mission, led by CGIB's textile section manager Noriaki Kobayashi, hopes to look at factors behind the increase in competitiveness of the US textile industry, US trade policies and the problems facing the Japanese domestic industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar