USA & JAPAN: Textile Task Force On Mission To USA
Task Force for the Japanese Textile Industry Trade arrived in the USA today for a week long visit to explore the current situation in the international textile trade, Woolmark.com reported last week.The task force, comprising members from Consumer Goods Industries Bureau (CGIB) of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and Federation of the Textile Industries in Japan, was established in April this year.The rapid expansion of imports, particularly from China, is causing the Japanese textile industry problems, the Task Force will claim. Knitwear companies say that they are especially affected by the high penetration of imports, which has reached 95 per cent, and warned the government that the industry would be completely destroyed if imports continue to expand at such rates in the future. The task force, which sent a mission to China in June, commissioned Kurt Salmon and Associates in July to study the US textile industry and trade policy.The mission, led by CGIB's textile section manager Noriaki Kobayashi, hopes to look at factors behind the increase in competitiveness of the US textile industry, US trade policies and the problems facing the Japanese domestic industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack