USA & JAPAN: Textile Task Force On Mission To USA
Task Force for the Japanese Textile Industry Trade arrived in the USA today for a week long visit to explore the current situation in the international textile trade, Woolmark.com reported last week.The task force, comprising members from Consumer Goods Industries Bureau (CGIB) of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and Federation of the Textile Industries in Japan, was established in April this year.The rapid expansion of imports, particularly from China, is causing the Japanese textile industry problems, the Task Force will claim. Knitwear companies say that they are especially affected by the high penetration of imports, which has reached 95 per cent, and warned the government that the industry would be completely destroyed if imports continue to expand at such rates in the future. The task force, which sent a mission to China in June, commissioned Kurt Salmon and Associates in July to study the US textile industry and trade policy.The mission, led by CGIB's textile section manager Noriaki Kobayashi, hopes to look at factors behind the increase in competitiveness of the US textile industry, US trade policies and the problems facing the Japanese domestic industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020