INDONESIA: Textile Workers Strike Over Pay Rise
Employees at the plant in Cibinong, Bogor, want their monthly wages increased from Rp 412,000 to Rp 576,000 and also want the pay increase in full and not spread over four stages as suggested by the firm.
Bogor's Manpower Agency chief, Suherdis, confirmed that there had been agreement between the management and the workers to pay the new salaries in stages.
"The company has stated that it cannot afford the raises in full this month. It has to make it in stages," he told The Jakarta Post.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020