JORDAN: Textile Workers Win JD120,000 Payout
The Jordanian Textiles and Weaving Company has been ordered to pay JD120,000 in back salaries to its 79 workers. "The money will cover outstanding worker salaries for about ten months," said Mohammad Abu Zinah, vice president of the General Union for Workers in the Textile, Garment and Clothing Industries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth