USA: TextilEdge Launches Leading Online Marketplace for the Textile and Apparel Industries
Partnership with Computer Sciences Corporation Delivers Market Leading Solution TextilEdge, Inc. announced today the launch of the leading electronic marketplace for sourcing in the global apparel and textile industries. TextilEdge has built its marketplace in partnership with Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), a worldwide leader in e-business solutions. The TextilEdge marketplace, initially targeting the United States and Latin America, streamlines the apparel and textile sourcing chain by bringing together buyers and suppliers and facilitating transactions through a neutral, robust and secure technology platform. TextilEdge customers have expressed strong interest in first using the TextilEdge platform with suppliers in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America. Latin America now accounts for over 40% of apparel imports into the United States with growth of over 30% per year. For this reason, TextilEdge has focused first on developing a platform designed to suit the specific needs of buyers and suppliers in the Western Hemisphere supply chain. ``TextilEdge improves the way buyers and suppliers interact by providing a framework to more effectively manage each step of the sourcing process,'' said Robert Widlansky, TextilEdge CEO. ``This benefits all users by reducing transaction and product costs, shortening cycle times and increasing business opportunities.'' TextilEdge is the first e-commerce marketplace built exclusively to fulfill the unique sourcing needs of the $200 billion apparel and textile industry. ``The TextilEdge management team has deep industry expertise, spanning the entire sourcing chain,'' said Widlansky. ``This, combined with our extensive technology and e-commerce experience, makes TextilEdge the leader in driving the apparel and textile industries' shift to e-commerce.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016