USA: TextilEdge Launches Leading Online Marketplace for the Textile and Apparel Industries
Partnership with Computer Sciences Corporation Delivers Market Leading Solution TextilEdge, Inc. announced today the launch of the leading electronic marketplace for sourcing in the global apparel and textile industries. TextilEdge has built its marketplace in partnership with Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), a worldwide leader in e-business solutions. The TextilEdge marketplace, initially targeting the United States and Latin America, streamlines the apparel and textile sourcing chain by bringing together buyers and suppliers and facilitating transactions through a neutral, robust and secure technology platform. TextilEdge customers have expressed strong interest in first using the TextilEdge platform with suppliers in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America. Latin America now accounts for over 40% of apparel imports into the United States with growth of over 30% per year. For this reason, TextilEdge has focused first on developing a platform designed to suit the specific needs of buyers and suppliers in the Western Hemisphere supply chain. ``TextilEdge improves the way buyers and suppliers interact by providing a framework to more effectively manage each step of the sourcing process,'' said Robert Widlansky, TextilEdge CEO. ``This benefits all users by reducing transaction and product costs, shortening cycle times and increasing business opportunities.'' TextilEdge is the first e-commerce marketplace built exclusively to fulfill the unique sourcing needs of the $200 billion apparel and textile industry. ``The TextilEdge management team has deep industry expertise, spanning the entire sourcing chain,'' said Widlansky. ``This, combined with our extensive technology and e-commerce experience, makes TextilEdge the leader in driving the apparel and textile industries' shift to e-commerce.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022