GREECE: Textiles And Apparel Companies' Profits Soar
Greek clothes and footwear retailer Sprider's turnover for 2000 reached 14bn drachmas ($36m), a 48 per cent rise compared to 1999. Sprider achieved a 188 per cent growth of its consolidated net profit for 2000, reporting 2.7bn drachmas ($6.9m). The company has filed for listing on the Athens Stock Exchange. The retailer expects turnover to reach 17bn drachmas ($43.7m) in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"