CHINA: Textiles Earn 10bn Yuan Profit In First Half Year
China's textile sector earned a net profit of 10.7bn yuan ($1.47bn) in the first half of the year, 7.4bn yuan more than the same period last year. State-owned textile enterprises performed better, earning 2.4bn yuan during the January-June period, while those in the red reduced losses by 1.7bn yuan on a year-on-year basis, down 44 per cent, according to the State Administration of Textile Industry. The combined and added industrial value, the sales volume of the State-owned textile industry in 42 large and medium-sized cities nationwide improved considerably, coming close to the average level of the country's State-owned enterprises. However, profits earned in western and central China were much lower than those earned in the east of the country. Profits earned in various industries in the textile sector differed considerably, with garment, cotton textile and chemical fiber earning 3.1bn, 3bn and 2.6bn yuan respectively, far better than other industries. Non State-owned enterprises earned more than the State-owned companies, with a sales ratio standing at seven to three, and a profit ratio of eight to two.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020