CHINA: Textiles Earn 10bn Yuan Profit In First Half Year
China's textile sector earned a net profit of 10.7bn yuan ($1.47bn) in the first half of the year, 7.4bn yuan more than the same period last year. State-owned textile enterprises performed better, earning 2.4bn yuan during the January-June period, while those in the red reduced losses by 1.7bn yuan on a year-on-year basis, down 44 per cent, according to the State Administration of Textile Industry. The combined and added industrial value, the sales volume of the State-owned textile industry in 42 large and medium-sized cities nationwide improved considerably, coming close to the average level of the country's State-owned enterprises. However, profits earned in western and central China were much lower than those earned in the east of the country. Profits earned in various industries in the textile sector differed considerably, with garment, cotton textile and chemical fiber earning 3.1bn, 3bn and 2.6bn yuan respectively, far better than other industries. Non State-owned enterprises earned more than the State-owned companies, with a sales ratio standing at seven to three, and a profit ratio of eight to two.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar