CHINA: Textiles Earn 10bn Yuan Profit In First Half Year
China's textile sector earned a net profit of 10.7bn yuan ($1.47bn) in the first half of the year, 7.4bn yuan more than the same period last year. State-owned textile enterprises performed better, earning 2.4bn yuan during the January-June period, while those in the red reduced losses by 1.7bn yuan on a year-on-year basis, down 44 per cent, according to the State Administration of Textile Industry. The combined and added industrial value, the sales volume of the State-owned textile industry in 42 large and medium-sized cities nationwide improved considerably, coming close to the average level of the country's State-owned enterprises. However, profits earned in western and central China were much lower than those earned in the east of the country. Profits earned in various industries in the textile sector differed considerably, with garment, cotton textile and chemical fiber earning 3.1bn, 3bn and 2.6bn yuan respectively, far better than other industries. Non State-owned enterprises earned more than the State-owned companies, with a sales ratio standing at seven to three, and a profit ratio of eight to two.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective