VIETNAM: Textiles, garments top 10-month exports
Textile and garments have topped Vietnam's exports for the first time according to the latest figures from the General Statistics Office.
Local media reports say that in the first ten months of this year, garment and textiles earned US$7.5bn, beating crude oil to take the country's number one export slot.
As a result, local experts have lifted their estimates for the industry's total export turnover in 2009 to US$9.3bn, a rise of 3% over 2008.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts