PAKISTAN: Textiles, Machinery Duties Cut
Textile items and machinery are among the products that will benefit from new customs duties proposed by the federal government in its 2002-03 budget. The duty on 72 textile items has been reduced from 20 per cent to 10 per cent; and on 90 textile items from 10 per cent to 5 per cent. Overall, the maximum rate of duty has been reduced from 30 per cent to 25 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth