INDIA: Textool Kept In The Dark
India's Textool Company Ltd has announced further problems at its manufacturing plant in Ganapathy following the disconnection of its electricity supply.
According to sources at the state electricity board, the power to the textile machinery manufacturing plant was disconnected due to unpaid bills amounting to 60 lakh rupees (US$129,115).
Despite company funds being tight, there have been no announcements for job losses among the 1,300 employees. The company is currently running its machinery off generators.
Officials at the company were keen to point out that it was only the one plant that was affected; the other three plants were operating as normal.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack