USA: Textrade.com Launches Expanded Website
Textrade.com (formerly Global Textile Network), the Internet-based business-to-business textile trading and information marketplace, has launched a new website that features a textile trading center powered by the world's most advanced online managed negotiation trading engine. The trading center will enable Textrade's 5,300 members around the world to source and sell a wide range of fiber, yarn and unfinished fabric in a secure online transaction environment. The new service also will provide members with access to logistics services, financing services and comprehensive information, including global and regional textile news, unique statistical data and analysis from textile industry sources around the world. The trading center currently is being beta tested by a number of companies in the United States, Asia, Europe and Mexico. The new technology and infrastructure was developed by Textrade and Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), a leading developer of business-to-business online marketplaces. "These new and enhanced online services give the worldwide textile industry what it is now ready for: a full-service Internet trading and information resource that enables members to expand their business, improve productivity and increase their information access with unprecedented convenience," said Textrade CEO Robert Cox, Jr.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022