BRAZIL: Thads Commercio to distribute True Religion
Lifestyle brand True Religion has appointed a new Latin American distributor to broaden its global reach and respond to continued international demand.
Thads Commercio of Sao Paulo, Brazil, will be True Religion's exclusive distributor in Central and South America.
The company has extensive experience in premium fashion distribution and retail in Latin America, already distributing brands including John Galliano, Versace, Just Cavalli and Malo to more than 175 retailers in Latin America.
"We believe Thads Commercio has the ability to leverage our premium global lifestyle brand and maximise its full market potential in Latin America, taking us one step closer to our goal of distribution in 80 countries worldwide," said Jeffrey Lubell, chairman and CEO.
President Michael Buckley added: "Expanding our reach into these large and relatively untapped territories is a high priority, and we felt that Thads Commercio, both a retailer and distributor, has the best denim lifestyle knowledge, as well as the best relationships with retailers throughout Latin America, including the world renowned Daslu department store, which will house a True Religion leased department."
The distribution network will span the continent, from Belize and Colombia in the north, stretching south into Chile and Argentina. The arrangement also includes Brazil, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela.
True Religion Apparel is a growing, design-based premium global lifestyle brand which currently distributes goods through premier department stores and boutiques in 50 countries.
Lifestyle brand True Religion has signed a licensing agreement with Pash Industries for the production of True Religion-branded clothing and leather outerwear for men, women and children....
People's Liberation, a casual wear firm, has signed new distribution agreements for the brands People's Liberation and William Rast with Unifa and Sjoklint Agenturer....
Lifestyle brand True Religion posted higher third-quarter net income and sales, but said the latter missed its expectations because of warm weather effects....
True Religion Apparel said it has signed its first licensing deals for True Religion Brand Jeans-branded lifestyle products including footwear, headwear, scarves, and gloves....
Multi-brand apparel firm Sub-Urban Brands has signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire premium fashion denim firm Reo Starr....
Denim brand True Religion Apparel has appointed ex-Levi designer Zihaad Wells to the newly created position of design director....
Lifestyle brand True Religion Apparel said it will take a 5%-per-share charge in the second quarter after it lost an arbitration case with The Indigo Group USA....
High-end denim company Blue Holdings has signed a deal to buy retailer Long Rap, which operates stores under the Up Against the Wall name....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020