VIETNAM: Thanh Cong Textile swings to Q3 loss
Vietnam's leading garment manufacturer Thanh Cong Textile Garment (TCM) has swung to a third quarter loss of VND756m (US$36,000) despite a slight 0.9% rise in revenue.
For the first nine months, TCM's net profit has maintained year-on-year growth, jumping 28.81% to VND126,39bn (US$ 6.1m). Sales during this same period were up 27.1% to VND1.697 trillion (US$82.7m).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, today (18 April) revealed that it has been working to improve its clothing offer after it recorded a drop in full-year profit across its UK operations....
Tesco today (18 April) said it would spend GBP1bn (US$1.55bn) in a bid to revitalise its domestic operations as it confirmed that full-year like-for-like sales and profits in the UK have dropped. Neve...
Tesco UK director Richard Brasher will leave the business later this year, having only taken on leadership of the supermarket group's UK arm 12 months ago. In a move that signals the emphasis that Tes...
Troubled US retailer JC Penney has appointed Ken Hannah as CFO, replacing Michael Dastugue who left the company in the middle of April. ...
Troubled US department store operator JC Penney has announced the appointment of Nick Wooster as VP, brand, design and trends for menswear. ...
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of senior appointments across its logistics, store design and communications departments. ...
An Phat Garment Joint Stock Company (JSC), a subsidiary of Vietnam's leading garment maker Nha Be Garment JSC (NBC), has begun construction on a new $2.4m garment plant....
Top stories on just-style this week included a reality check about uncompetitive China, Marks & Spencer admitting to running short of its best-selling women's wear lines during its fourth-quarter, and...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022