USA: The Children's Place Reports 7 Per Cent Increase In Comp Sales
The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc(Nasdaq: PLCE) today announced record sales of $107.7m for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000, a 46 per cent increase from sales of $73.9m for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the second quarter increased 7 per cent, as compared with a 19 per cent increase for the second quarter of 1999. During the second quarter, the company opened 36 new stores. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, the company's sales were $237.8m, a 43 per cent increase over sales of $166.5m for the same period in 1999. The cCompany's year-to-date comparable store sales increased 6 per cent compared to a 26 per cent increase in the prior-year period. Year-to-date, the company has opened 79 new stores. The company plans to report full results for the second quarter on August 11, 2000. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc is a specialty retailer of high quality, value-priced apparel and accessories for children, newborn to age twelve. It designs, contracts to manufacture and sells its products under the 'The Children's Place' brand name. As of July 29, 2000, the company operated 371 stores in 42 states and also sells its merchandise through its Website located at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022