USA: The Children's Place Reports 7 Per Cent Increase In Comp Sales
The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc(Nasdaq: PLCE) today announced record sales of $107.7m for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000, a 46 per cent increase from sales of $73.9m for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the second quarter increased 7 per cent, as compared with a 19 per cent increase for the second quarter of 1999. During the second quarter, the company opened 36 new stores. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, the company's sales were $237.8m, a 43 per cent increase over sales of $166.5m for the same period in 1999. The cCompany's year-to-date comparable store sales increased 6 per cent compared to a 26 per cent increase in the prior-year period. Year-to-date, the company has opened 79 new stores. The company plans to report full results for the second quarter on August 11, 2000. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc is a specialty retailer of high quality, value-priced apparel and accessories for children, newborn to age twelve. It designs, contracts to manufacture and sells its products under the 'The Children's Place' brand name. As of July 29, 2000, the company operated 371 stores in 42 states and also sells its merchandise through its Website located at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"