USA: The Children's Place Reports 7 Per Cent Increase In Comp Sales
The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc(Nasdaq: PLCE) today announced record sales of $107.7m for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000, a 46 per cent increase from sales of $73.9m for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the second quarter increased 7 per cent, as compared with a 19 per cent increase for the second quarter of 1999. During the second quarter, the company opened 36 new stores. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, the company's sales were $237.8m, a 43 per cent increase over sales of $166.5m for the same period in 1999. The cCompany's year-to-date comparable store sales increased 6 per cent compared to a 26 per cent increase in the prior-year period. Year-to-date, the company has opened 79 new stores. The company plans to report full results for the second quarter on August 11, 2000. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc is a specialty retailer of high quality, value-priced apparel and accessories for children, newborn to age twelve. It designs, contracts to manufacture and sells its products under the 'The Children's Place' brand name. As of July 29, 2000, the company operated 371 stores in 42 states and also sells its merchandise through its Website located at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022