USA: The Children's Place Reports 7 Per Cent Increase In Comp Sales
The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc(Nasdaq: PLCE) today announced record sales of $107.7m for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000, a 46 per cent increase from sales of $73.9m for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the second quarter increased 7 per cent, as compared with a 19 per cent increase for the second quarter of 1999. During the second quarter, the company opened 36 new stores. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, the company's sales were $237.8m, a 43 per cent increase over sales of $166.5m for the same period in 1999. The cCompany's year-to-date comparable store sales increased 6 per cent compared to a 26 per cent increase in the prior-year period. Year-to-date, the company has opened 79 new stores. The company plans to report full results for the second quarter on August 11, 2000. The Children's Place Retail Stores, Inc is a specialty retailer of high quality, value-priced apparel and accessories for children, newborn to age twelve. It designs, contracts to manufacture and sells its products under the 'The Children's Place' brand name. As of July 29, 2000, the company operated 371 stores in 42 states and also sells its merchandise through its Website located at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective