UK: The Designer Room Stores Sold To Pilot Owners
The stores, the majority of which are in factory outlets selling brands such as Elle, DKNY, Jasper Conran, KLASS and Versace, will continue to trade as The Designer Room. Own label brands will be introduced in the longer term and the stores will be developed to include a broader range of designer brands and labels.
Vivian Bairstow, Joint Administrator at insolvency and corporate recovery firm Begbies Traynor which handled the sale, said: "We have always maintained that the company has a sound business concept and so are delighted to have sold the chain to purchasers who will develop it further.
"The Designer Room is in a highly attractive market niche of its own. Fashion conscious men and women can buy designer label goods at very reasonable prices across Britain. We have always had faith in the concept which deserves to prosper under new ownership."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020