US: The Dress Barn becomes Ascena Retail Group
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group.
The company said the move was designed to provide it with strategic, operational and financial flexibility, adding that business operations, directors and executive officers would not change as a result of the reorganisation.
“In recent years, we’ve become a fundamentally different company that extends well beyond the original Dressbarn concept and brand,” said David Jaffe, president and CEO.
“We also believe that adopting a new holding company structure will enable each of our brands to better leverage our shared corporate infrastructure and to focus their efforts on delivering a great experience to their customers.”
Teen apparel retailer Ascena Retail Group Inc has posted an 8% rise in third quarter profit thanks to solid gains across its Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands....
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry (WFSGI) has signed up to the Fair Factories Clearinghouse (FFC), an industry-wide initiative that aims to improve working conditions and compliance ...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras