USA: The Estee Lauder Companies Announces Internet Strategy
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE: EL) announced today a comprehensive Internet strategy which will expand the Company's leadership role in the online cosmetics industry. The Company's diverse portfolio of prestige brands, which appeals to a broad range of consumers, is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the enormous marketing opportunities presented by the World Wide Web. The strategy has three major goals: - to develop a powerful database by interacting directly with vast numbers of consumers, adding a new dimension to the Company's marketing efforts; - to increase sales in all channels by integrating traditional and online distribution; - to enhance the well-established equity of the Company's brands by developing and maintaining a three-tiered Internet presence, where the Company's brands will be available exclusively. The strategy includes the following components: - a content-rich, multi-brand beauty site with a distinct identity that will offer prestige brands from The Estee Lauder Companies' portfolio. The site is expected to launch by early 2001; - additional individual sites for the Company's prestige brands, building on the success of the Clinique, Origins and Bobbi Brown essentials sites, which have all developed substantial databases of registered users. All brand sites will encourage traffic to the multi-brand site through direct links; - specially-designed microsites--"stores-within-stores"--that will be available on certain retailers' e-commerce sites. These microsites will convey the unique image and experience of each brand within the retailers' sites. To accelerate the implementation of its online strategy, The Estee Lauder Companies has agreed to acquire gloss.com, a popular Internet beauty site.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022