US: The Finish Line ties up Nike ad campaign
The US campaign, which will be supported by television and digital advertising, has been created in partnership with Nike+ running shoes this fall.
The campaign, which launched on 3 August, includes a national television spot running on MTV, ESPN, BET, Comedy Central and on websites like YouTube. The TV advertisement features rock group The Hives in concert.
"The spot allows us to literally put the consumer inside the Nike+ experience and showcases how combining music and sport is changing the face of running," said Kevin Flynn, SVP of marketing at Finish Line. "This is one of the largest marketing efforts we have launched at one time with Nike, and we believe the campaign helps bring to life the comprehensive Nike+ experience consumers will have at Finish Line."
"We are thrilled to kick off a year-round, fully integrated Nike+ marketing program with Finish Line with this ad," said Sally Burnett, Nike's senior retail brand manager for Finish Line. "Finish Line is a premier destination for running footwear, and well-suited to provide support at retail for the Nike+ technology."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The shareholders of UK football brand Umbro have voted in favour of a proposed GBP285 (US$565m) takeover offer from sporting goods giant Nike today (31 January)....
Sporting goods brand Under Armour posted fourth quarter net income up 42.4% to $16.9m compared to $11.9m in the same period of 2006, confirming continued sales growth in both apparel and footwear cate...
Nike vice president of global footwear design John Hoke is moving into the newly created role of vice president, global footwear, at the company's Converse brand....
UK retail group JJB Sports has indicated its support for Nike's US$582m all-cash offer to acquire Umbro....
Retailer The Finish Line Inc and its bank UBS are planning to appeal a court ruling that their $1.5bn purchase of hat and footwear company Genesco must go ahead....
Shares in sportswear firm Under Armour climbed nearly 12% on the New York Stock Exchange today (23 January), on the back of strong analyst reports....
Li Ning, China's largest sports wear and athletic footwear company, has made its first foray into the US with the opening of a design office in Portland, Oregon....
Sporting goods giant Nike has promoted Garry Cook to president of its Jordan Brand....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar