USA: The Neiman Marcus Group Reports June Revenues
June comparable revenues reflected a challenging retail environment, the shift of the annual men's sale into May from June, and a difficult comparison against a double-digit percent revenue gain last year, Neiman Marcus said in a release.
The decline in June comparable revenues follows a 4.2 per cent revenue increase in May, and is in line with company expectations for flat to slightly negative comparable revenues in the fourth quarter.
Comparable revenues in the specialty retail stores segment, which includes Neiman Marcus stores and Bergdorf Goodman, were 6.9 per cent below the year-ago period. The East and West coast regions posted the best performance, while women's contemporary sportswear, jewelry, and cosmetics were the strongest categories.
Comparable revenues in the direct marketing segment increased 0.9 per cent in the five-week period.
The company's five-week reporting period is consistent with last year and reflects a 4-5-4 week fourth quarter and 52-week year. The company expects to add a fifty-third week at the end of fiscal 2002.
The Neiman Marcus Group includes the Specialty Retail Stores segment, which consists of Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman, and Neiman Marcus Direct, the direct marketing operation.
Companies: Neiman Marcus Group
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Retail chain operator The Neiman Marcus Group Inc has reported better-than-expected third-quarter sales after continuing to concentrate on full-price selling....
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' April sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Department store chain The Neiman Marcus Group Inc is to be sold to an investment group consisting of Texas Pacific Group and Warburg Pincus LLC for approximately $5.1 billion....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack