USA: The Neiman Marcus Group Reports September Revenues
Comparable revenues for Specialty Retail Stores - including Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman - rose 20.5 per cent in the five-week period. Comparable revenues for Neiman Marcus Direct rose 6.6 per cent. Neiman Marcus Stores continued its focus on growth in key merchandise categories during this five-week period. Double-digit sales of women's fine apparel helped to drive similar growth rates in women's shoes, designer jewelry, precious jewelry, designer handbags, and cosmetics. Men's shoes and sportswear also showed strong gains. Across regions, 28 of 31 Neiman Marcus stores posted double-digit gains. Compared with last year, revenues at Bergdorf Goodman rose as a result of Sunday store openings, which began in September 2000, and last year's mid-November opening of the new Plaza level. Bergdorf Goodman saw strong gains in both its men's and women's apparel categories, with particular success in its luxurious new private label men's sportswear collection. At Neiman Marcus Direct, revenues in the period were negatively impacted by the later mailing date of the Neiman Marcus Christmas book and promotional shifts in the Chef's Catalog business. The Neiman Marcus Group expects October comparable revenues to be in the low- to mid-single digit range relative to last year, due in part to the shift of the Butterflies promotion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022