USA: The Neiman Marcus Group Reports September Revenues
Comparable revenues for Specialty Retail Stores - including Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman - rose 20.5 per cent in the five-week period. Comparable revenues for Neiman Marcus Direct rose 6.6 per cent. Neiman Marcus Stores continued its focus on growth in key merchandise categories during this five-week period. Double-digit sales of women's fine apparel helped to drive similar growth rates in women's shoes, designer jewelry, precious jewelry, designer handbags, and cosmetics. Men's shoes and sportswear also showed strong gains. Across regions, 28 of 31 Neiman Marcus stores posted double-digit gains. Compared with last year, revenues at Bergdorf Goodman rose as a result of Sunday store openings, which began in September 2000, and last year's mid-November opening of the new Plaza level. Bergdorf Goodman saw strong gains in both its men's and women's apparel categories, with particular success in its luxurious new private label men's sportswear collection. At Neiman Marcus Direct, revenues in the period were negatively impacted by the later mailing date of the Neiman Marcus Christmas book and promotional shifts in the Chef's Catalog business. The Neiman Marcus Group expects October comparable revenues to be in the low- to mid-single digit range relative to last year, due in part to the shift of the Butterflies promotion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020