USA: The North Face Hires Footwear Manager
As the company's first product-specific national sales manager, Henry will lead the sales efforts in footwear as The North Face expands its footwear line. She will also work alongside One Step Ahead Enterprises - a consulting, design, development and sourcing company - to support the company's current footwear design, development and strategic growth efforts.
Henry brings to The North Face over seven years of experience in sales at Danner Shoe Mfg Company. Most recently, as vice president of sales, she led the company's national sales force, managed key accounts and set and executed the company's annual sales objectives.
"I'm excited to bring my strong footwear experience and customer relationships to The North Face sales team, and to help guide the development and marketing process for the new footwear line. Retailers are looking for technically innovative footwear from a strong brand like The North Face," explained Henry.
The first project between The North Face and One Step Ahead - which was founded by Rodney Gumringer and Todd Jennings, the former general manager and merchandise manager of Columbia Sportswear Company's footwear division - will be to design and develop an insulated, weatherproof footwear line for an autumn 2002 launch.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The North Face Apparel Corp has been awarded a million-dollar judgment by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, its US licensee US VF Outdoor said....
Outdoor clothing firm Columbia Sportswear has suffered a 3.1 per cent slip in third-quarter net profit on decreases in outerwear and accessories demand....
Outdoor apparel maker The North Face has unveiled "pong-proof pants" which it claims can be worn multiple times without needing to be washed....
Columbia Sportswear Company has named Brad Gebhard as vice president of footwear as of October....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Active wear group Columbia Sportswear Company says that president of the Sorel division, Mike Prendergast, has quit the company with immediate effect....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
As Japan faces its worst attack of hay-fever inducing cedar pollen ever, two domestic companies have come up with textile solutions which they claim will help suffers beat the hay fever blues....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective