USA: The Seam Appoints Cotton Industry Leader As New CEO
The Seam, a neutral, business-to-business, online cotton exchange company, has announced that it will appoint Phillip C Burnett as president and chief executive officer of the company from March 1, 2001. Burnett has worked in the cotton industry for over 30 years and is currently the chief executive officer of the National Cotton Council. He will replace Louis Baioni, who agreed to serve as interim CEO and is retiring after serving more than 30 years in the cotton business. Baioni has served as The Seam's chief executive since the company was launched by a diverse group of cotton industry businesses in November, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"