USA: The Seam Appoints Cotton Industry Leader As New CEO
The Seam, a neutral, business-to-business, online cotton exchange company, has announced that it will appoint Phillip C Burnett as president and chief executive officer of the company from March 1, 2001. Burnett has worked in the cotton industry for over 30 years and is currently the chief executive officer of the National Cotton Council. He will replace Louis Baioni, who agreed to serve as interim CEO and is retiring after serving more than 30 years in the cotton business. Baioni has served as The Seam's chief executive since the company was launched by a diverse group of cotton industry businesses in November, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report