USA: The Seam Appoints Cotton Industry Leader As New CEO
The Seam, a neutral, business-to-business, online cotton exchange company, has announced that it will appoint Phillip C Burnett as president and chief executive officer of the company from March 1, 2001. Burnett has worked in the cotton industry for over 30 years and is currently the chief executive officer of the National Cotton Council. He will replace Louis Baioni, who agreed to serve as interim CEO and is retiring after serving more than 30 years in the cotton business. Baioni has served as The Seam's chief executive since the company was launched by a diverse group of cotton industry businesses in November, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar