USA: The Sports Authority Lifts Q3 Profit Outlook
The Colorado-based operator of more than 380 stores said it now expects earnings for the quarter ending November 1 to range from 13 to 15 cents per share, excluding any costs associated with its recent merger with Gart Sports.
That compares to its previous outlook of three to five cents a share. It added for the fiscal year ending January 31, it expects to earn between $1.98 to $2.03 a share, excluding merger costs.
Sports Authority vice chairman and CEO, Doug Morton, said: "Our strong results for the third quarter thus far have been driven by a consistent positive comparable store sales performance in both the former Gart Sports Company and Sports Authority stores.
"This performance reflects how well the merger integration process has gone to date. We remain committed to further leveraging our leadership position in the marketplace and capitalising on the many growth opportunities that still lie ahead."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing and shoe retailer Colorado Group said its full-year earnings took a 19.1% dive, caused by stock difficulties and sluggish consumer spending....
High-street fashion favourite Hennes & Mauritz is to open a store on the trendy Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles....
Stage Stores has appointed a new COO and president....
Federated Department Stores said it would close five distribution centres in 2006 as part of its realignment of the Macy's business....
Golf apparel and outerwear company Sport-Haley has signed a joint venture deal with apparel manufacturer and marketer Explorer Gear USA to make and market Top-Flite branded apparel to Wal-Mart Stores ...
Outdoor apparel and shoe company Timberland has signed a definitive deal to buy apparel and socks company SmartWool....
Shoe and clothing retailer Colorado Group Ltd today reported a 41 per cent drop in half-yearly net profit to $A7.6 million....
Floundering department store retailer Mervyns LLC says continuing losses are causing it to shut almost a quarter of its stores at the cost of 4,800 jobs....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts