The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
T-shirt and underwear maker Hanesbrands will announce its second quarter performance on Wednesday (21 July), and is expecting to withstand supply chain and currency challenges.
Hanesbrand also said earlier in the year that it will double its earnings over the next three to four years thanks in part to a potential retail recovery. Although this recovery appears to be taking shape, US fashion retail sales in June suggest that shoppers remain worried about spending.
In April, Columbia announced first quarter income of US$9.2m, from $6.9m in the same period last year, as consumer spending on its brands picked up in North America.
Insights on just-style include The Flanarant, which this week looks at the impact of wage inflation, raw material scarcity, currency fluctuations and growing compliance needs on China’s competitiveness. While the country's ranking is likely to ebb and flow a lot over the next few years, buyers won’t be heading elsewhere, it concludes.
Also this week, a latest report on performance apparel markets, including details of new innovations, can be downloaded from the just-style market research store.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel maker VF Corporation has promoted Steve Rendle and Scott Baxter to the newly-created post of group president as part of efforts to streamline its organisational structure in North America....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
VF Corporation has announced a five year strategy for its brand The North Face, as it looks to double branded sales. ...
T-shirt and underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has had its global social compliance programme accredited by the Fair Labor Association (FLA)....
US clothing group VF Corporation has confirmed reports that it will close a jeans factory in Poland at the cost of 1,100 jobs. ...
US clothing firm VF Corporation is to close a jeans factory in Lodz, Poland, at the cost of more than a thousand jobs, it has been reported. ...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective