The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
This week its the turn of Columbia Sportswear Company to announce its financial results, for the fourth quarter, on Thursday (27 January).
The Portland, Oregon, based outdoor apparel company said in October that its third quarter sales were up 16%, thanks to increased marketing and new technologies. Columbia also increased profit by 11%, and lifted its full-year outlook to a 17-18% rise in sales.
A recent double-digit increase in quarterly sales and profits at Columbia's neighbour and rival Nike also offers signs of encouragement.
Meanwhile, just-style will be following up on US retailer JC Penney's plans for the coming year. Plans include closing certain under-performing store locations, wind down of its catalog and outlet operations, and streamlining of call centre operations and custom decorating business.
It follows a review by the department store chain's executive board and board of directors, who are looking to boost sales and profitability.
In research, just-style's new green report, looking at ethics, sustainability, Fairtrade and corporate social responsibility in the fashion retail and clothing industries, can be downloaded here.
Walmart supplier Hung Long Garment and Services JSC has posted a 30% hike in sales in the first half of 2011, securing its reputation as one of Vietnam's highest profit-earning garment makers....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Icebreaker, the outdoor merino wool clothing company based in New Zealand, has named Linda Tanouye as vice president of development and sourcing....
Sportswear maker Anvil Knitwear has tapped former Iconix Brand and Nike executive Heather Stefani as its new executive vice president of marketing....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020