The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
US footwear group Skechers nearly doubled its profit last quarter, but the company also noted an unexpected rise in inventory levels. Skechers has since signed up Brooke Burke and Wayne Gretzky to promote its shoes.
Trendy apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch was expecting rising raw material, labour and freight costs to weigh on business during the second half of the year. However, this was offset by soaring international sales in Q3 as net income rose 29% to $50.0m.
Timberland, meanwhile, reported higher third quarter profits buoyed by strong European sales. The outdoor apparel firm ended that quarter with US$108.8m in cash and no debt.
During its fourth quarter Timberland announced plans for a “bionic” canvas, using ion-mask technology, in a number of product lines for spring 2011.
Also this week, just-style is publishing its Global market review of the denim and jeanswear industries – forecasts to 2017 report.
The report, which is split into two volumes consisting of figures and trends, can be downloaded here.
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
The positive vibe generated by last week's first-half results announcement by apparel powerhouse VF Corporation was tempered by looming price rises and hikes in raw materials costs....
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland has inked a licensing deal with Parigi Group to expand its children's clothing to the US....
Casual apparel and footwear business Timberland has announced new goals and targets for the company's corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015