The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
US footwear group Skechers nearly doubled its profit last quarter, but the company also noted an unexpected rise in inventory levels. Skechers has since signed up Brooke Burke and Wayne Gretzky to promote its shoes.
Trendy apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch was expecting rising raw material, labour and freight costs to weigh on business during the second half of the year. However, this was offset by soaring international sales in Q3 as net income rose 29% to $50.0m.
Timberland, meanwhile, reported higher third quarter profits buoyed by strong European sales. The outdoor apparel firm ended that quarter with US$108.8m in cash and no debt.
During its fourth quarter Timberland announced plans for a “bionic” canvas, using ion-mask technology, in a number of product lines for spring 2011.
Also this week, just-style is publishing its Global market review of the denim and jeanswear industries – forecasts to 2017 report.
The report, which is split into two volumes consisting of figures and trends, can be downloaded here.
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
The positive vibe generated by last week's first-half results announcement by apparel powerhouse VF Corporation was tempered by looming price rises and hikes in raw materials costs....
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
Outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland has inked a licensing deal with Parigi Group to expand its children's clothing to the US....
Casual apparel and footwear business Timberland has announced new goals and targets for the company's corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey