The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
A host of leading apparel and footwear companies are in the process of filing their fourth quarter and full-year 2010 financial results.
This week, VF Corporation, Wal-Mart Stores, The TJX Companies, Gap Inc and Deckers Outdoor Corporation will all feature on just-style. And judging by results over the past few weeks, rising raw material costs continue to have an impact on profit margins.
VF Corporation in October forecast strong revenue growth for the fourth quarter, with full year revenues predicted to rise by more than 5% to US$7.6bn.
Global retail giant Wal-Mart, which is currently in the process of completing a merger with South African chain Massmart, raised its full-year earnings guidance in November after booking a 9% rise in third quarter profit helped by a tax gain and higher sales.
The company appointed Duncan Mac Naughton as chief merchandising officer for its US stores during the quarter.
Gap, meanwhile, continues to have its sights set on international expansion, having extended its online shopping to eight more European countries this month. The San Francisco-based retailer first launched to customers in the UK in August 2010 and expanded to include nine additional European countries in October 2010.
The clothing retailer saw net earnings fall to $303m, from $307m, during the third quarter, as its net earnings fell to $303m from $307m. However, Gap did reaffirm its guidance for the full-year period - also being reported this week.
This month's Speaking with Style interview features Brandix Lanka chief executive Ashroff Omar, who believes improvements to the apparel sector could bring the end consumer far more value.
In research, just-style's Global market review of the denim and jeanswear industries – forecasts to 2017 report can be found here.
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets. ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras