The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
This week has already brought news of a slowdown in sales at UK value fashion giant Primark - until now untouched by the weak UK trading environment.
just-style will find out more about the high street mood tomorrow (28 February) morning, at Datamonitor’s retail arm Verdict's annual awards. The title for the event is 'keep calm and keep shopping' - with analysts also presenting their outlook for 2011.
Meanwhile, US retailers will be posting their February 2011 sales results on Thursday, having reported surprisingly strong gains during a freezing January.
Also this week, look out for the full-year results of US apparel company Warnaco, which in November upped its 2010 earnings outlook and expects a double-digit revenue rise compared to fiscal 2009.
"Our powerful third quarter results speak to the continued success of our diversified global business model and our long-term growth strategies," said Joe Gromek, Warnaco’s president and chief executive officer, at the time.
just-style readers can also click here to review a number of industry research reports available this week.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Working conditions in the supply chain and environmental concerns may have been the primary CSR hotspots for the clothing sector in recent years, but this year has brought into clear relief the level ...
Apparel company The Warnaco Group has recorded a double-digit rise in adjusted second quarter profit, thanks to a strong revenue surge led by its Calvin Klein brand....
Apparel giant Warnaco Inc, which operates retail globally under the Calvin Klein Underwear, Calvin Klein Jeans and Ck Calvin Klein brands, has invested in new retail planning tools to support its inte...
Cut-price clothing retailer Primark recorded a revenue rise of 13% in the 40 weeks to 25 June, boosted by a 15% surge in the last 16 weeks of the period....
US apparel maker The Warnaco Group is gearing up for growth in India after signing a joint venture deal to sell its Calvin Klein branded apparel and accessories in the country....
Apparel company Warnaco has closed on a US$200m senior secured term loan, with repayment due in 2018....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022