The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
This week just-style will be bringing full coverage of the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong.
As always delegates are preparing to debate global sourcing topics, which are likely to revolve around cost pressures and labour issues this year.
just-style editor Leonie Barrie is attending each of the planned sessions, which include sustainability, compliance, product safety, trade and technology.
Speakers from a host of brands will be addressing the event, which is being held at the Hong Kong Convention Centre from Thursday 31 March for two days.
One of the speakers at Prime Source will also be featuring in a full length 'Speaking with Style' interview this week too.
Kurt Cavano, CEO of the TradeCard supply chain platform, tells just-style how apparel companies are working to offset higher input costs through new fabrications, value engineering, and tougher negotiation with suppliers. Hwever, he says that despite this, the consensus seems to be that there's actually very little left to take out of the supply chain.
Insights on the Tunisian and Moroccan apparel industries can also be accessed this week, together with a range of newly-published reports here.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report