The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
After announcing its return to the French retail market last week, UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) will be under the scrutiny of analysts when it announces its Q4 results in London this week.
However, analysts at Seymour Pierce expect a 6% sales decline to be reported, in spite of positive results from M&S' international operations. While the overall picture is relatively bright, Seymour Pierce also notes that higher unemployment from public spending cuts and raw material hikes are yet to take full effect.
Also briefing analysts this week will be trendy US chain Abercrombie & Fitch, which in February nearly doubled its fourth quarter profit thanks to rising domestic and international sales, saying it planned to accelerate its overseas expansion in the year ahead.
just-style will be reporting from the M&S results announcement on Wednesday (4 April), together with the Retail London Conference, where executives including Urban Outfitters CEO Glen Senk and former Tesco CEO Sir Terry Leahy will be giving their take on the current trading environment.
Also featuring this week will be further coverage of last week's Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, so check back for insights on 2011's supply chain issues.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Concerns over darkening economic clouds have not prevented fabric and dye suppliers from their continued focus on innovation; quite the opposite in fact, with many looking to boost business by unveili...
The president of Li & Fung US believes apparel prices will continue to rise over the next 10-20 years, even though cotton costs are falling....
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include an overview of the global retail industry, clothing accessories in India, and a guide to clothing and footwear in emerging Asia. ...
The ninth edition of the Restricted Substances List (RSL) from the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has been updated to reflect changes spurred by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement...
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals make...
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe....
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB today (29 September) said it intends to roll out more stores this year than initially planned after completing a "satisfactory" third quarter in the face of a ...
Alexon Group Plc has been sold to private equity firm Sun Capital Partners, just hours after the struggling women's fashion retailer called in KPMG as administrators and trading in its shares was susp...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022