The week ahead on just-style...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda.
This week just-style will be covering two events that indicate where the future of sustainability reporting and sizing is headed.
Jochen Zeitz, CEO of Puma and chief sustainability officer of PPR is to present the company’s first Environmental Profit & Loss Account (EP&L) today (16 May). PPR says the analysis is the first of its kind in corporate reporting.
Also today, just-style will be meeting executives at Alvanon, which is launching a series of fit forms based on a new European women's and men's wear fit standard.
Alvanon says the new EU Standard Forms are the result of thousands of 3D body scans of European men and women in the 20 to 40 year old age range.
Also this week, US retailers including Wal-Mart, Abercrombie & Fitch and Gap Inc are due to release their first quarter results, while sourcing giant Li & Fung will host its annual general meeting (AGM) in Hong Kong.
Reporting its full-year results in February, Wal-Mart continued to see its international operations drive growth as it recorded another quarter of declining sales in its US division.
The company, whose UK unit Asda has announced plans to take its George brand overseas today, is expected by analysts to report another domestic decline for Q1.
However, profits are forecast to rise once more, with Wal-Mart succeeding in keeping costs down and boosting international sales.
While UK based mass-market tailoring firms are facing an offshore sourcing crisis as China's manufacturers focus on the domestic market and costs continue to rise elsewhere, 'Made in Britain' luxury t...
Tempe Grupo Inditex, the shoe-making franchise of Spanish fashion giant Inditex, plans to triple its footwear production in Mexico. Meanwhile, other international brands such as Nike, Steve Madden and...
French luxury goods group PPR today (8 November) said it is buying high end Italian tailor Brioni for an undisclosed sum....
Apparel fit expert Alvanon is expanding into Japan after signing an exclusive distribution deal with Kiiya, the country's leading fit form supplier....
This week's top stories took on a footwear theme, with the WTO backing a complaint by China over EU anti-dumping duties and Inditex planning to expand footwear sourcing in Mexico. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart ...
Footwear firm Skechers USA Inc today (27 October) said it plans to double its business in Japan, one of its largest Asian Markets, over the next three to five years....
PPR has attributed a 7% rise in third-quarter revenue to a jump in luxury sales over the period....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022