CHINA: The World's Largest Garment Producer
China has become the worlds largest garment producer and exporter for the sixth consecutive year, producing 10 billion garments and 5.2 million tonnes of synthetic fibre during 1999, according to press agency Asia Pulse. The total export value garments accounted for one sixth of the worlds garment trade, building on the country's year on year growth of 15.7 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar