ITALY: Thermore Aria insulation adds recycled fibre blend
Thermal insulation specialist Thermore has added another dimension to its Aria down alternative, with the product now available in a blend with 50% recycled fibres.
Launched last year, the Aria range is also chemical free and hypoallergenic, the company says, and is available in fill weights of 60, 115 and 170 grams. Made of "98% air," it is voluminous yet light and ideal for contemporary garments.
The move follows Thermore's new focus on more sustainable product design, including a company strategy to remove all PFOA and PFOS (perfluorooctanoic acid and sulfonate) chemicals from all products.
The company's Classic, Ecodown, Rinnova and Thermosoft ranges have also been awarded Bluesign certification.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID