ITALY: Thermore Aria insulation adds recycled fibre blend
Thermal insulation specialist Thermore has added another dimension to its Aria down alternative, with the product now available in a blend with 50% recycled fibres.
Launched last year, the Aria range is also chemical free and hypoallergenic, the company says, and is available in fill weights of 60, 115 and 170 grams. Made of "98% air," it is voluminous yet light and ideal for contemporary garments.
The move follows Thermore's new focus on more sustainable product design, including a company strategy to remove all PFOA and PFOS (perfluorooctanoic acid and sulfonate) chemicals from all products.
The company's Classic, Ecodown, Rinnova and Thermosoft ranges have also been awarded Bluesign certification.
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead