ITALY: Thermore Aria insulation adds recycled fibre blend
Thermal insulation specialist Thermore has added another dimension to its Aria down alternative, with the product now available in a blend with 50% recycled fibres.
Launched last year, the Aria range is also chemical free and hypoallergenic, the company says, and is available in fill weights of 60, 115 and 170 grams. Made of "98% air," it is voluminous yet light and ideal for contemporary garments.
The move follows Thermore's new focus on more sustainable product design, including a company strategy to remove all PFOA and PFOS (perfluorooctanoic acid and sulfonate) chemicals from all products.
The company's Classic, Ecodown, Rinnova and Thermosoft ranges have also been awarded Bluesign certification.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- PSF 2015: GAFTI gears for change in apparel auditi
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019