UK: Thomas Pink names Merriman CFO
UK shirt maker Thomas Pink has appointed Andrew Merriman as its new chief financial officer.
Merriman, who joined the company last month, previously served as chief operating officer at Gieves and Hawkes, where he was responsible for finance, human resources, IT, logistics, inventory management and licensing.
Merriman left the London-based tailor last May, a month after it was acquired by Hong Kong based Trinity Ltd.
He has also worked for retailer Tie Rack, designer goods brand Alfred Dunhill and the Richemont Group.
A spokesperson for Thomas Pink, which is owned by luxury goods group LVMH, said the group's previous CFO has emigrated to Australia with his family.
The appointment comes a month after the shirt company opened its first store in Dehli, India.
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has been fined EUR8m by France's stock market regulator for failing to disclose its stake building in luxury rival Hermes before 2010. ...
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed Delphine Arnault as executive vice president of its Louis Vuitton brand....
French luxury goods firm Hermès has filed fresh legal action against rival LVMH....
LVMH faces a fine of up to EUR10m (US$13m) from France's financial markets regulator for stealthily increasing its shareholding in luxury fashion goods rival Hermès over several years....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
LVMH says it "vigorously contests" the conclusions of a leaked report by France's financial markets regulator that it carefully prepared, over several years, an increase in its shareholding in luxury ...
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015