UK: Thomas Pink names Merriman CFO
UK shirt maker Thomas Pink has appointed Andrew Merriman as its new chief financial officer.
Merriman, who joined the company last month, previously served as chief operating officer at Gieves and Hawkes, where he was responsible for finance, human resources, IT, logistics, inventory management and licensing.
Merriman left the London-based tailor last May, a month after it was acquired by Hong Kong based Trinity Ltd.
He has also worked for retailer Tie Rack, designer goods brand Alfred Dunhill and the Richemont Group.
A spokesperson for Thomas Pink, which is owned by luxury goods group LVMH, said the group's previous CFO has emigrated to Australia with his family.
The appointment comes a month after the shirt company opened its first store in Dehli, India.
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has been fined EUR8m by France's stock market regulator for failing to disclose its stake building in luxury rival Hermes before 2010. ...
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed Delphine Arnault as executive vice president of its Louis Vuitton brand....
French luxury goods firm Hermès has filed fresh legal action against rival LVMH....
LVMH faces a fine of up to EUR10m (US$13m) from France's financial markets regulator for stealthily increasing its shareholding in luxury fashion goods rival Hermès over several years....
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has announced the resignation of Marty Wikstrom, the chief executive officer of its fashion and accessories business....
LVMH says it "vigorously contests" the conclusions of a leaked report by France's financial markets regulator that it carefully prepared, over several years, an increase in its shareholding in luxury ...
Swiss luxury goods company Richemont has reported a 30% increase in full-year profit, driven by favourable exchange rates and higher sales....
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- C&A warns of supply crisis in organic cotton
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects