USA: Thomaston Mills Announces First Quarter Earnings
Thomaston Mills' (Nasdaq: TMSTA) first fiscal quarter began on a slow note. Sales for the quarter were $36,633,000, down ten per cent from the year before, and the company's gross margin fell to $1,632,000 compared to $4,499,000 the year before. This yields a net loss for the quarter of $3,603,000 or $.55 per share.Our retail customers have slowed in taking out their orders, and this caused lower capacity utilisation in both consumer products and apparel fabrics. The company has performed well in on time delivery and quality, and this has helped build business for future shipment.In looking ahead, the company expects continued slowness at retail through the December quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar