USA: Thomaston Mills Announces First Quarter Earnings
Thomaston Mills' (Nasdaq: TMSTA) first fiscal quarter began on a slow note. Sales for the quarter were $36,633,000, down ten per cent from the year before, and the company's gross margin fell to $1,632,000 compared to $4,499,000 the year before. This yields a net loss for the quarter of $3,603,000 or $.55 per share.Our retail customers have slowed in taking out their orders, and this caused lower capacity utilisation in both consumer products and apparel fabrics. The company has performed well in on time delivery and quality, and this has helped build business for future shipment.In looking ahead, the company expects continued slowness at retail through the December quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective