USA: Thomaston Mills President Resigns
George H. Hightower Jr, executive vice president of the 100-year-old textiles manufacturer, and H. Stewart Davis, executive vice president and president of its consumer products division, also resigned.
The company's board of directors named A. William Ott acting president and chief executive officer of the ailing business, which reported disappointing earnings on Tuesday.
The announcement was made after the markets closed.
"The company is in a loss position," Neil Hightower said, explaining his reasons for resigning. "Basically it's time to try something else. It's a great company with great people - it's just a change in management."
Thomaston, which has four plants and 1,500 employees, has had successive earnings disappointments including Tuesday's second-quarter figures.
The company reported a loss of $5.93m or 91 cents a share, on sales of $37.15m, compared to a loss of $2.2m or 33 cents a share on sales of $37.2m in the year-earlier period. Thomaston shares closed unchanged Thursday at 20 cents.
Companies: Asda Group Limited
High-street design favourite George Davies is to take on the task of rejuvenating Marks & Spencer's children's wear collections, press reports said....
Apprel group VF has appointed George Irion as head of a new procurement organisation structure designed to identify cross-coalition purchasing opportunities and alliances for VF....
Retail operations and security specialist Paul Burrows has joined Norprint Labelling Systems Limited to head up retail security development....
Supermarket chain Asda is to take on 2,800 new employees across its British stores as it continues to expand into non-food sectors including clothing....
High-street retailer Marks & Spencer today reported a 19.6 per cent hike in first-half profits - and made the surprise announcement that Per Una founder George Davies is to stay on at the company, a m...
City analyst Richard Ratner has warned of a legal clash between high-street chain Marks & Spencer and George Davies, founder of its Per Una range, if Davies continues with his plan to establish a comp...
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack