TURKEY: Thread Maker Akteks In $8m Syrian JV
Up to 300 jobs are set to be created in Syria through a new $8 million textile factory joint venture between Turkey's Akteks Acrylic Thread Industry and Syria's Trade Corporation.
The new plant will be based at Aleppo and is expected to produce up to 10 tons of thread in its first year of operation. The vast majority of its workforce will be Syrian and the rest Turkish.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022