USA: ThreadeXchange Allies With Gerber Technology
ThreadeXchange today announced a comprehensive partnership with Gerber Technology ( www.gerbertechnology.com ).ThreadeXchange will fully integrate the Gerber WebPDM (Product Data Management) software into its global sourcing solution and will serve as the first online business-to-business Application Service Provider (ASP) host of the software. Retailers and wholesalers already enabled with Electronic Data Interface (EDI) capability can use both the WebPDM software, as a Data Trade Zone, as well as ThreadeXchange's full-service apparel sourcing solution. The WebPDM platform will allow users to automatically upload relevant portions of their costing programme and all other related data, as well as integrate this information into the ThreadeXchange website. This allows ThreadeXchange's customers to submit and manage all of their data online, design products and patterns, and handle inputs. The WebPDM software also helps retailers and producers shorten development cycles, track changes in product specifications, costing information and materials availability - preventing costly communication errors and delivery disruptions - and avoid miscommunication by serving as an "electronic file cabinet" for measurement specifications, billing information, photographs, and even video and voice files. "Through this partnership with ThreadeXchange, Gerber customers, both current and future, will now be able to extend their data management capabilities to incorporate actual sourcing and production of goods," said John Roberts, vice president at Gerber Technology. "In addition to software integration, we are pleased to announce that ThreadeXchange will also be our initial partner for the ASP component of our broader B2B strategy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack