USA: ThreadeXchange Allies With Gerber Technology
ThreadeXchange today announced a comprehensive partnership with Gerber Technology ( www.gerbertechnology.com ).ThreadeXchange will fully integrate the Gerber WebPDM (Product Data Management) software into its global sourcing solution and will serve as the first online business-to-business Application Service Provider (ASP) host of the software. Retailers and wholesalers already enabled with Electronic Data Interface (EDI) capability can use both the WebPDM software, as a Data Trade Zone, as well as ThreadeXchange's full-service apparel sourcing solution. The WebPDM platform will allow users to automatically upload relevant portions of their costing programme and all other related data, as well as integrate this information into the ThreadeXchange website. This allows ThreadeXchange's customers to submit and manage all of their data online, design products and patterns, and handle inputs. The WebPDM software also helps retailers and producers shorten development cycles, track changes in product specifications, costing information and materials availability - preventing costly communication errors and delivery disruptions - and avoid miscommunication by serving as an "electronic file cabinet" for measurement specifications, billing information, photographs, and even video and voice files. "Through this partnership with ThreadeXchange, Gerber customers, both current and future, will now be able to extend their data management capabilities to incorporate actual sourcing and production of goods," said John Roberts, vice president at Gerber Technology. "In addition to software integration, we are pleased to announce that ThreadeXchange will also be our initial partner for the ASP component of our broader B2B strategy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective