USA: ThreadeXchange Takes Global Apparel Sourcing Online
Designed to guide retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers through the entire sourcing process, the POE allows apparel buyers to cut the cost of their purchases, reduce production lead times, and reduce procurement inefficiencies.
"Our vision is to create a new standard of technology-driven efficiency, collaboration, and process control throughout the entire sourcing process," said Adam Patti, president and COO of ThreadeXchange. "With the added online functionality of our web-based platform, we continue to strengthen our customer relationships."
ThreadeXchange built its technology in association with Lante, a developer of powerful, vertical Internet marketplaces. "The creation of a technology platform in the apparel industry will revolutionise the way business is conducted in this sector," said Karen Walker, program manager in Lante's New York City office.
The platform is entirely web-based, alleviating the need for costly software implementation and time-consuming customer training. Using the system, apparel buyers may now electronically submit Requests For Quotes (RFQs), review supplier bids, and track the production and logistics of their orders, eliminating the lengthy paper trails associated with the current sourcing methods.
ThreadeXchange's platform works on an RFQ basis, optimising the sourcing process by matching customer product specifications with overseas production facilities in 52 countries. This takes into account facility specifications, quota constraints and facility and country specific variables. ThreadeXchange requires that factories undergo a rigorous 150-point inspection, as well as a third-party certification, in which each partner factory must meet stringent standards in such areas as human rights and labour conditions, production capacity, and financial stability.
ThreadeXchange is the first Vertical Service Provider for the $375bn global apparel market. ThreadeXchange offers a secure end-to-end technology-driven sourcing solution for the apparel industry. The company streamlines the sourcing process by accessing a massive global factory network, overseeing quality assurance and human rights conditions at the factory level and providing 100 per cent visibility throughout the production and logistics processes. Headquartered in New York, NY, the company has received initial funding from Redleaf Group and Garage.com. For further information, contact ThreadeXchange at www.threadexchange.com.
Lante Corporation (NASDAQ: LNTE) is the leading Internet consulting company focused exclusively on creating eMarkets - powerful online communities that unite multiple buyers and multiple sellers within a market or industry segment. Headquartered in Chicago, Lante serves clients from 13 offices in the United States and Asia. Its website is www.lante.com.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective