FRANCE: Tibbett & Britten Win MFG Supply Chain Contract
Well-known French fashion house Marithé et François Girbaud (MFG) has chosen Tibbett & Britten for the supply chain management of its ready-to-wear collection.Tibbett & Britten European Clothing and Textiles Logistics has designed a complete end-to-end solution for MFG, taking responsibility for the company's products from factory to point-of-sale.A newly constructed 2,500 sq m (27,000 sq ft) dedicated warehouse at Pantin handles an annual throughput of around 400,000 garments. About 40 per cent are packed in cartons ready for export to MFG customers in places such as Japan, Colombia and Senegal, with the remaining 60 per cent stored on hangers.Pantin has been designed with this variety in mind. Patrick Fiszpan, director of Tibbett & Britten France's Textile Division, said: "Fashion is different from other logistics sectors. "A client may require us to handle up to 20,000 different product lines, compared with just 1,000 or 2,000 in food and grocery or manufacturing. And packaging varies from market to market - for example, France still prefers us to deliver flat in cartons while Germany has converted almost entirely to hanging garments."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020