FRANCE: Tibbett & Britten Win MFG Supply Chain Contract
Well-known French fashion house Marithé et François Girbaud (MFG) has chosen Tibbett & Britten for the supply chain management of its ready-to-wear collection.Tibbett & Britten European Clothing and Textiles Logistics has designed a complete end-to-end solution for MFG, taking responsibility for the company's products from factory to point-of-sale.A newly constructed 2,500 sq m (27,000 sq ft) dedicated warehouse at Pantin handles an annual throughput of around 400,000 garments. About 40 per cent are packed in cartons ready for export to MFG customers in places such as Japan, Colombia and Senegal, with the remaining 60 per cent stored on hangers.Pantin has been designed with this variety in mind. Patrick Fiszpan, director of Tibbett & Britten France's Textile Division, said: "Fashion is different from other logistics sectors. "A client may require us to handle up to 20,000 different product lines, compared with just 1,000 or 2,000 in food and grocery or manufacturing. And packaging varies from market to market - for example, France still prefers us to deliver flat in cartons while Germany has converted almost entirely to hanging garments."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022