FRANCE: Tibbett & Britten Win MFG Supply Chain Contract
Well-known French fashion house Marithé et François Girbaud (MFG) has chosen Tibbett & Britten for the supply chain management of its ready-to-wear collection.Tibbett & Britten European Clothing and Textiles Logistics has designed a complete end-to-end solution for MFG, taking responsibility for the company's products from factory to point-of-sale.A newly constructed 2,500 sq m (27,000 sq ft) dedicated warehouse at Pantin handles an annual throughput of around 400,000 garments. About 40 per cent are packed in cartons ready for export to MFG customers in places such as Japan, Colombia and Senegal, with the remaining 60 per cent stored on hangers.Pantin has been designed with this variety in mind. Patrick Fiszpan, director of Tibbett & Britten France's Textile Division, said: "Fashion is different from other logistics sectors. "A client may require us to handle up to 20,000 different product lines, compared with just 1,000 or 2,000 in food and grocery or manufacturing. And packaging varies from market to market - for example, France still prefers us to deliver flat in cartons while Germany has converted almost entirely to hanging garments."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022