US: Tibi implements NGC's PLM and ERP systems
Women's wear label Tibi has implemented NGC's PLM and ERP solutions to streamline business processes and productivity, helping the company improve its overall efficiency.
"NGC's software allows data from design, production, inventory, sales and accounting to live in the same repository," explained Tibi CFO Alexandra Boet.
"This reduces time and error related to system interfaces, enabling us to get reports that correlate to different areas of the business. This allows us to focus our efforts on analysing data rather than inputting it."
Boet said that there were various features that stood out when compared to other systems, such as calendars and alerts that allow it to manage the business by exception.
The systems have also had a positive impact on Tibi's supply chain, according to Boet.
"We are now able to electronically exchange data with our trading partners in a systematic way. Most of our trading partners have been able to easily automate their processes, and this has eliminated the need for human data entry entirely."
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
British luxury road-cycling lifestyle brand, Rapha, has enhanced its product capabilities following the implementation of a cloud-based PLM platform....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre