US: Tibi implements NGC's PLM and ERP systems
Women's wear label Tibi has implemented NGC's PLM and ERP solutions to streamline business processes and productivity, helping the company improve its overall efficiency.
"NGC's software allows data from design, production, inventory, sales and accounting to live in the same repository," explained Tibi CFO Alexandra Boet.
"This reduces time and error related to system interfaces, enabling us to get reports that correlate to different areas of the business. This allows us to focus our efforts on analysing data rather than inputting it."
Boet said that there were various features that stood out when compared to other systems, such as calendars and alerts that allow it to manage the business by exception.
The systems have also had a positive impact on Tibi's supply chain, according to Boet.
"We are now able to electronically exchange data with our trading partners in a systematic way. Most of our trading partners have been able to easily automate their processes, and this has eliminated the need for human data entry entirely."
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
British luxury road-cycling lifestyle brand, Rapha, has enhanced its product capabilities following the implementation of a cloud-based PLM platform....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide