US: Tibi implements NGC's PLM and ERP systems
Women's wear label Tibi has implemented NGC's PLM and ERP solutions to streamline business processes and productivity, helping the company improve its overall efficiency.
"NGC's software allows data from design, production, inventory, sales and accounting to live in the same repository," explained Tibi CFO Alexandra Boet.
"This reduces time and error related to system interfaces, enabling us to get reports that correlate to different areas of the business. This allows us to focus our efforts on analysing data rather than inputting it."
Boet said that there were various features that stood out when compared to other systems, such as calendars and alerts that allow it to manage the business by exception.
The systems have also had a positive impact on Tibi's supply chain, according to Boet.
"We are now able to electronically exchange data with our trading partners in a systematic way. Most of our trading partners have been able to easily automate their processes, and this has eliminated the need for human data entry entirely."
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
British luxury road-cycling lifestyle brand, Rapha, has enhanced its product capabilities following the implementation of a cloud-based PLM platform....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024